Highest Paid Actresses of 2016
Source: © Deposit Photos
How does your 2015 income compare?
It is no secret that actors and actresses get paid crazy amounts of money. The surprising part is how much certain people make and how they made that much. Take, for example, Jackie Chan. Sure, he is a well-known and beloved actor and has been for years, but would you guess that he was the third highest grossing actor last year? I wouldn’t, but maybe that’s just me.
Here is the run-down for some of the highest paid actresses of 2015:
- Jennifer Lawrence pulled in $52 million last year for being the adorable, relatable badass that she is.
- Scarlett Johansson made 35.5 million, mostly due to her role as the Black Widow in the Avengers.
- Melissa McCarthy the writer and designer turned actress made an impressive 23 million for her role on Gilmore Girls and other television sitcoms.
- Jennifer Aniston, the forever beautiful made 16.5 million, not surprising as she had been in several romantic comedies and other eye-catching roles.
- Julia Roberts, known for breakthrough roles like Pretty Woman, she still is doing quite well for herself, banking over 16 million in 2015.
- Last but not least, the brilliant femme fatale Angelina Jolie has not let her personal problems daunt her career, and she still brought in over 15 million.
It is a little unexpected that some of these actresses are making more than people like Melissa McCarthy ($23 million) and Mila Kunis ($6.5 million). But hey, maybe I’m just biased because I’d watch them rather than Tom Cruise any day!